Sunday, December 27, 2009

Some Joy (for Thought), Some Thought (for Joy)

All right, so while I was composing that last post, my iTunes was on the random setting and each song that it played had some line or two that really stood out to me. I thought I'd share it with you because I think it's really cool that even though most of the artists that are represented in the lines below I don't listen to all that often, they still had the ability to touch me. I hope you find this interesting and that it does a little something for you, too! (I conveniently mushed them all together into one ultra-powerful paragraph. Can you take it? :P )

"Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go?" "And if I ever lose my eyes, if all my colors all run dry,yes, if I ever lose my eyes,oh if-- then I won't have to cry no more.""I've been dreaming of the things I learnt...the joy is not the same without the pain.""That's your fire, your soul, you shouldn't have to go.""It feels like I should stay, but I'm too afraid. Damn this foolish heart. Damn this foolish heart.""Why live life from dream to dream, and dread the day when dreaming ends?""Louisiana, come go away with me...I got my hands full, oh summertime."

Inspired yet? Hope so!
Can you guess who sings what? Test yourself first. The answers appear below in tiny script:



[1."Dare You to Move" by Switchfoot2.“Moonshadow” by Cat Stevens3.“Something to Talk About” by Badly Drawn Boy4.“Your Fire, Your Soul” by Dar Williams5.“Damn This Foolish Heart” by Stellastarr*6. “Someday I’ll Fly Away” by Nicole Kidman7. “Louisiana” by The Walkmen (grrrrrreat band, btw!) ]

1 comment:

  1. WHY LIVE LIFE FROM DREAAAAAM TO DREAMM?
    moulin rouge<3
    and reflecting on that, i live life from dream to dream and i do not dread the day when dreaming ends and it's probably the most rewarding thing ever. live life carefree bianca. it's hard to manage at first, but it's the best decision i've made and the quality of my life improves more and more each day. just saying. I MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete