Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So This is Love...

I write to tell you that I have fallen in love.

And, even better, it's the eternal kind.

I have fully committed to love New York for the rest of my life. The streets, the trees, the subways, the window displays, and most of all, always, the people. I was walking to the N line on 57th and 7th and this overwhelming happiness hit me. I was intoxicated with movement and light, with the feeling that this could last forever. The dichotomy of the full moon and skyscrapers. The thing that excites me the most is the purpose of this place. Everyone always has some place they're going, a destination. I may be able to see them (blue puffy coat, red scarf, black boots) but the truth is, their lives are all folded inside of them, imperceptible. Everyone is a mystery to me; everyone is a story. That's what I love most about living here. So many thoughts, conversations, and most of all, so many possibilities. Surrounded by this motion, this mystery, I feel a certain elation. I feel the potential of my mundane. The rush of the sacred that New York creates surrounds me.


No comments:

Post a Comment